Anxiety & Trauma Treatment Services in Sydney
Quality of life for many people is limited by mental health difficulties and physical disorders that are made more debilitating than they need be. Alison’s training allows her to assist clients with a wide variety of psychological and medical problems to reduce the distress these difficulties create.
The problems she treats include:
- Trauma reactions and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anxiety disorders:
- Fear of flying
- Constant worry about the future or rumination about the past. Feeling guilty or regretful
- Social and Performance Anxiety
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Panic Disorder
- Gut-related disorders including IBS and IBD
- Unexplained Dizziness
- A range of other psychological problems (eg, procrastination, body-image concerns)
Alison is committed to using techniques that have been shown in research to provide effective outcomes in a timely manner. Her treatment methods draw from cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and hypnotherapy f(for gut disorders) and from related approaches such as schema/mode therapy, meta-cognitive therapy, motivational interviewing, and eye-movement desensitisation reprocessing. She tailors her approach to the particular needs of her clients.